What is an NCM 20 Group and why does it work?
NCM Associates originated the automotive 20 Group peer collaboration model in 1947 and its effectiveness has been proven time and again over the years. The concept is smart and simple: using Benchmark data as the foundation, we bring together similar, non-competing business owners from a broad cross-section of the country to exchange best practices, experiences, ideas, and strategies.
NCM 20 Groups help you succeed faster.
Our model is like a focus group for your business challenges—allowing our moderator and your peers to offer insights to help solve your toughest challenges and, more importantly, hold you accountable to reach your goals. Each NCM 20 Group:
- Is self-governed and decides the cadence, location, and agenda topics for meetings
- Meets for one-and-a-half to three days several times per year, generally
- Analyzes composites, compares notes, fine-tunes processes, and finds new ways to maximize profit
- Is assigned a dedicated professional moderator and meeting coordinator
- Is provided with innovative communication tools to help members stay in touch between meetings
To learn more about NCM 20 Groups, take a look at the types of groups we support, submit the 20 Group Interest Form, or call 800-756-2620 for help finding the right group for your business.
What sets NCM 20 Groups apart.
There are many 20 Group options out there. Only NCM 20 Groups have these hallmark features and benefits:
- Custom monthly composites backed by NCM Benchmark data comparing your performance against one another and the industry.
- In-house data management and processing. We never send your data to a vendor.
- Access to online products, such as Heat Map, which allows a deep dive, at a glance.
- No contract. Our clients stay with us because they want to, not because they have to.
- Easy access to NCM expert moderators and staff, all dedicated to your success.
Available 20 Groups
Dealer & OEM 20 Groups
Fixed Ops 20 Groups (various departments)
Used Vehicle 20 Groups
Buy Here Pay Here (BHPH) 20 Groups
Independent Used Dealer 20 Groups
Manager / Service Director / HR 20 Groups
Proprietary & Mega-Dealer 20 Groups
Performance 20 Groups in non-automotive industries
Meet The Moderators
Our team of automotive leaders will guide your business to excellence with their experience and knowledge of your industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get the details about NCM 20 Groups and learn how to get started. If you have additional questions, call us!
Evaluate Your Performance
Use our free online tool to see how your dealership compares to NCM 20 Group members and benchmarks.