Is NCM covered by the FTC Safeguards Rule?
NCM Associates, Inc. understands the importance of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and your company’s requirements under the FTC Safeguards Rule to ensure that your company’s service providers protect the security and confidentiality of consumer nonpublic personal information. Although NCM is a service provider to your company, NCM does not have access to any consumer nonpublic personal information. Therefore, NCM is not a service provider covered by the FTC Safeguards Rule. Regardless, NCM maintains a robust information and data security program which protects against unauthorized access to or use of any information and data furnished to us by our clients.
What personal information do we collect from the people who visit our blog, website, or app?
When requesting information on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, business name, or other details to help with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings about which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better serve you and respond to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (email, or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use "cookies"?
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your experience with the site more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Learn more here. We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site.
We have implemented the following:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
For California Residents:
California residents may have additional rights regarding the collection, disclosure, and sale of their personal information. Please see NCM Associates Privacy Notice for California Residents for more information (https://www.ncmassociates.com/ccpa).
How does our site handle do-not-track signals?
We honor Do Not Track (DNT) signals and DNT plant cookies.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests, or questions.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- To NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Follow the directions at the bottom of any email.
- Email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
The materials, images, and other content of this website are for informational purposes only and are copyrighted by the authors thereof. All rights reserved.
Last Edited on 2023-06-22