If you are seeing a trend of growing expenses and shrinking grosses, you'll want to read this recent blog from NCM expert George Nance.
What is an NCM 20 Group and why does it work?
NCM Associates originated the automotive 20 Group peer collaboration model in 1947 and its effectiveness has been proven time and again over the years. The concept is smart and simple: using Benchmark data as the foundation, we bring together similar, non-competing business owners from a broad cross-section of the country to exchange best practices, experiences, ideas, and strategies.
NCM 20 Groups help you succeed faster.
Our model is like a focus group for your business challenges—allowing our moderator and your peers to offer insights to help solve your toughest challenges and, more importantly, hold you accountable to reach your goals. Each NCM 20 Group:
- Is self-governed and decides the cadence, location, and agenda topics for meetings
- Meets for one-and-a-half to three days several times per year, generally
- Analyzes composites, compares notes, fine-tunes processes, and finds new ways to maximize profit
- Is assigned a dedicated professional moderator and meeting coordinator
- Is provided with innovative communication tools to help members stay in touch between meetings
What sets NCM 20 Groups apart.
There are many 20 Group options out there. Only NCM 20 Groups have these hallmark features and benefits:
- Custom monthly composites backed by NCM Benchmark data comparing your performance against one another and the industry.
- In-house data management and processing. We never send your data to a vendor.
- Access to online products, such as Heat Map, which allows a deep dive, at a glance.
- No contract. Our clients stay with us because they want to, not because they have to.
- Easy access to NCM expert moderators and staff, all dedicated to your success.
After 20 years of actively participating in 20 Groups, my experience with NCM has been the best ... The best part is the interaction of the dealers and sharing ideas.Brett Hedrick, General Manager-Vice President, Hedricks Chevrolet
Mark’s 20 Group … helps you understand what drives the numbers and how to get them where you want them … It has been very profitable.Chris Gomez, General Manager, Jim White Honda
The 20 Group has been instrumental in our company growth over the past 39 years of our membership. Many of our strategies and processes are a direct result of ideas from our 20 Group.Tim Murphy, Owner, Colorado Kenworth, Inc.
I'm not sure we'd be in business today if not for our 20 Group … it turned our operations into a powerful and consistent economic engine and is now preparing us for success well into the future.Tod Johnson, President, Lee Johnson Chevrolet
Hear from the first automotive 20 Group
Available 20 Groups
Dealer & OEM 20 Groups
Fixed Ops 20 Groups (various departments)
Used Vehicle 20 Groups
Buy Here Pay Here (BHPH) 20 Groups
Independent Used Dealer 20 Groups
Manager / Service Director / HR 20 Groups
Proprietary & Mega-Dealer 20 Groups
Performance 20 Groups in non-automotive industries
Explore Articles from Industry Experts
In this latest blog, NCM moderator Robert Neuman breaks down some key attributes of a successful dealership, and what holds back other dealers from becoming successful.
In this blog from NCM expert Jeff Lampton, he takes a look at how to use a method that will help you calculate which day of the month you start putting profit on the bottom line.